“All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had . . . For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need” – Acts 4:32; 34
The Bible teaches us to respect, take care of, and honor God’s money. Doing so creates the financial freedom that allows us to be generous to those around us in need. At Castleton Christian Church, we strive to be good stewards of what God has given us and want to live out the biblical mandate of caring for our neighbors (1 Timothy 6:18). Out of this commitment, the God Can Ministry has been formed to care for those in our community who are experiencing trouble securing the necessities of life- things such as food, shelter, and utilities.
If you are in need of assistance, please print and complete the Request for Assistance Form provided along with this policy and return it to Castleton Christian Church either by U.S. mail or by dropping it off at the church during office hours. Your request will be kept confidential and someone from the God Can Ministry will contact you to discuss your need.
If you are not the one in need but are referring someone, please print and complete the Referral Form. A member of the God Can Ministry will call you before making contact with the person or persons you are referring to gain your insight into the situation and explore ways in which together we can show them God’s love.
Please note the God Can Ministry is not equipped to handle emergency requests. It takes at least two weeks to process a request or referral. If you are in immediate need and it cannot wait two weeks, we suggest you contact www.connect2help.org or call 211 to find other resources in the area.
- We only provide service to Castleton Members or those who reside in the following zip codes: 46218,46226, 46235, 46216, 46236and 46256. Not all requests will be fulfilled and some may only be partially fulfilled.
- You will be required to participate in evaluating your need, as well as planning and creating action steps with a God Can Volunteer.
- If you receive assistance, you will be asked to complete the action steps assigned to you, including attending a financial planning class and meeting with a mentor.
- Application for assistance MUST be made during daytime regular church office hours Monday thru Friday ONLY.
- Please Note: Application for assistance cannot be made at any time on Sundays, during church services, or during related church activities.
- Be advised – when we contact you, it may be from a blocked number.
Please select from the following documents: